Why do we collect and use personal information?
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using our digital content.
We use your personal information for various purposes including improve our products, services, online content, analyse the activities on our website, run our marketing activities, to address your requests for information, to provide you with the technical support you request from us, protect against fraud and, more generally, run our business activities.
We collect data through:
- CONTACT FORMS in order to provide a means for you to contact us and for us to answer your enquiries and send you information about our products, services and activities, including by electronic means (email, SMS, etc.), if you tick the acceptance box. If requested, to send you price quotes for our products and services by electronic means. If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
- EMAILS in order to deal with your enquiries, respond to your requests and answer your questions or queries. If we receive your CV, your data may be used in our staff recruitment processes.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OUR NEWSLETTER in order to send you commercial information about our products and our newsletter periodically.
What types of personal information do we process?
PBS processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about your preferences, your interactions with us, online traffic data and the content you provide us. In most instances this information is obtained from you.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
- identity and contact related information, such as your name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses
- professional related information, such as customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of PBS products, services and digital content; or if you are a job candidate your educational, professional and employment background
- your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences, and as a job candidate your job interests
- your interactions with us such as your queries, orders, claims, survey answers
- financial related information such as bank account details
- online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, referring website, type of browser used, consulted content and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device
We will use the personal information you provide only to fulfill the purpose for which we acquired the information. Your data will not be used for other purposes such as direct marketing unless we have notified you and, where legally required, we have your explicit consent.
Who do we share personal information with?
Your data is confidential and will not be transferred to third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Sometimes we might share your personal data with group companies or our contractors and agents to carry out our obligations under our contract with you or for our legitimate interests.
We require those companies to keep your personal data confidential and secure and to protect it in accordance with the law and our policies. They are only permitted to process your data for the lawful purpose for which it has been shared and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not send your personal data outside the European Economic Area. If this changes you will be notified of this and the protections which are in place to protect the security of your data will be explained.
If third party organisations have access to personal data we ensure that they have adequate policies in place to protect the data in accordance with the GDPR requirements and principles.
How do we protect your personal information?
PBS complies with widely recognised key data protection principles (fairness, purpose limitation, data quality, data retention, compliance with individuals’ rights, security) and takes reasonable measures for the security of personal information.
We will protect your data by implementing technical and organisational safety measures in order to avoid accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, damage or access by unauthorised persons. Our processing includes data encryption, pass-wording and secure storage of back-up media.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We restrict access to your personal data to PBS employees who need to have that information in order to fulfill your request or supply our services.
What are your rights?
You can request access to your personal information and request it to be amended or deleted if inaccurate. You can always object to direct marketing.
If personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that it be amended.
Requests may be sent to: email@example.com
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features or services on our sites may not function properly without cookies.